Did you know that…
When you charter a crewed yacht – you should pay a tip to the crew at the end?
- This is not compulsory and they say ‘not expected’ BUT are certainly the norm and the crew (in most cases) do go out of their way to make your holiday really special and looking after you from morning till night, I guess with the hope that they may be a little reward at the end.
- Customary is 10 to 15% of the ‘charter fee’ – so cost of the boat only – but it is really a token and I have been told over and over again, that guests can leave whatever they feel they can afford or would like to leave.
- The crew certainly always appreciates this.
When chartering in Turkey, you cannot just scuba dive around the coast?
- Due to the number of valuable antiquities under these crystal waters, diving has become a very controlled activity and professional dive organisations have to supervise all scuba diving. IN most cases they will come to your boat or meet your boat at or near the dive site.
- Snorkeling is not an issue and most boats are equipped with snorkeling gear.
You can visit the GREEK ISLANDS and the TURKISH coast and ISLANDS in the same trip?
- From starting points like Bodrum, it is easy to reach Kos and other Greek islands or from Marmaris to Symi as another option.
- It is very important to remember though that these are two different countries and you do need the relevant visa’s for Greece…..and do make sure they are MULTI-ENTRY!!!
- Moving between the two countries does come at a price as well as boat and immigration paperwork has to be handles and this can vary from €300 to €800 depending on the boat and route. Don’t forget to include this in your budget.
When starting a trip in MONTENEGRO you save on taxes (VAT) that might need to be included with a standard charter trip?
- This tiny country is a tax free region and starting a charter there could mean saving up to 13% of taxes that would ordinarily be added to or included in the charter fees quoted.
- An exciting destination on its own, it is also very close to Dubrovnik and Croatia so can be a saving even if you do a ONE WAY trip and pay the necessary one way fee for delivery.
When searching the web for charter boats in many areas around the world, there are some items cleverly worded to make deals look more attractive than others.
- The charter industry is huge in The Mediterranean for example and the competition between the vast numbers of suppliers can get pretty cut throat. Items may look minor at the outset but once these start adding up, a charter budget can run away with you and you certainly don’t want to only discover this when you arrive on your holiday.
- Yacht Charter Options started the business specifically for this reason and at no cost to you, we check and double check all these little anomalies.
YACHT CHARTER OPTIONS in Cape Town can do everything for you free of charge?
- How do we do this? Well ALL charter suppliers around the world have a built in agents fee in the pricing they offer as an international standard. If they don’t include this, they are frowned in severely by the industry in general. It is not a great reflection on the supplier right from the outset if they intend cutting corners.
- Very often suppliers and agents collaborate to reduce fees together to be able to offer the customer a better ‘deal’ and you, as the customer, pay this fee whether you use and agent or not, or whether you book on line or not.
- Some agents do also add a handling fee to their services. We don’t
- YACHT CHARTER OPTIONS International is UNIQUE to South Africa and although there are a number of organisations similar through-out the MED and rest of the world, we are one of a kind in SA. We have a team of hugely experienced sailors, charterers, international travellers and boat owners with a collective knowledge to offer every customer the best support.
- Contract terms, cancellations policies, damage waivers, forex payments and exchange processes, inclusions and exclusions are all things to give you peace of mind and are covered when working with us, amongst other items.
- Together with this we offer suggestions on itineraries, crew profiles, flight and travel ideas, personal experience, shopping advice for provisioning, what to do and what not to do, what to take along, how to make the most of your water supplies, where to get ‘ice’, and so many other things that can turn an ordinary charter into a very special experience.
Get in Touch and Let’s chat about your next charter Experiance